considering new machine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Mar 25, 2008.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

any of you guys switch from a permagreen to a
    z spray or use both?
    ive been using the permagreen for the last 5 years
    how hard of a transition is it?

just feel real comfortable on PG
    wondering if the akward learing curve
    is worth the added features

thanks
    josh

2. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

Funny you should ask that - I've had the same thought. I've used the PG for a long time and it's hard to imagine switching over to a ZTR machine. And there's the spectre of the new Turfco machine hanging out there like a rain cloud now. It's supposed to be the best thing to come along since sliced bread. Perhaps one of the lucky few who get the machines this year will post details.

3. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no idea what the Turfco machine is going to be. I do know a PG pretty well, and I can tell you that the Z-spray is already the best thing since sliced bread. The learning curve will be easy, even pleasurable. Ask yourself why there are hundreds, if not thousands of Z-spray owners out there, and you never see one thread started by one of them to complain about the machine. It is a tank, a sports car, great on hills (when you get the weight distribution correct), customer service beyond reproach...what more could you ask for?

Get a Z-spray.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

There are atleast 3 people here on here (Lawn Site) that is getting the new Turfco machine!

From what I have heard....this this is very close to the "silver bullet". It is almost a cross between the Z and the PG. That is a WINNING COMBINATION right there!

PG is a great machine....but the one thing I am looking foreword to is "sticking" to the hills a little better!

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We've used PG units for years, and they're still bring in nice production everyday. We demo'd two Z-Spray units last fall (two sizes). The Z-Sprays were easy to get used to, and they are really built solid.

We also demo'd a 3rd option.....the TURFCO prototype (I call it a prototype even though it has been used on hundreds of acres in "certain Southern States" last year and this spring). It can be hauled on a PG carrier rack (with minor modification), so you don't have to pull a trailer all day.

I like all 3 of the above, but we're always looking for new technology: performance, convenience, comfort, & reliability.:usflag:

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

z spray is hard to beat dude. i can get that think crazy places i did not think posible on a machine

7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Can you rate them ? 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd ?

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Each person can rank equipment....but you will get tons of different answers!

It is like asking a person what their favorite make of a truck is, and why?

If just depends on what their needs are, how they use it, etc.

9. GREEN-UP

GREEN-UP LawnSite Member
    from sw ohio

I LOVE MY Z-SPRAY!!!!! I can make more $$, blow times away, and get good coverage. Example, I did 41 acre sports complex/church other day, only took 8.5 hrs w a few breaks in between. Built tough, little pricey, but they can make your life easy.

10. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Z-Spray is a proven product and they are always tryin' to tweak them and upgrade. Nothin' worse than a company putting a product out there and lettin' the customers end up doin' the R/D.