1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Considering new mower...any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by miketull8, Jul 21, 2008.

1. miketull8

miketull8 LawnSite Member

I am considering making another purchase....I currently run a 36 quick samurai, echo trimmer, echo blower, little giant blower, and an enlosed trailer....really need/want a zt....have been doing mostly residential but am really getting into alot of commercial and to be honest, at the end of the day that damn samurai is dragging my butt around! Any ideas without breaking the bank on what I should be looking at........realistically? :drinkup:

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a used one to start....
  3. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on your needs: number of customers, size of properties, gated or not gated, local dealers with good service reputations, etc. Try to pay cash for your purchase. Any commercial mowers will get the job done. I recommend any of the folowing:

Exmark, Badboy, Walker, Scaggs, Gravely, or any commercials with a good reputation.

Exmark Lazer Z AS 52" Ultra-cut
    Husqvarna 4824 ZTR
    Gravely Pro-cut 21"
    Stihl 4-Mix Kombi
    Stilh 2-cycle Kombi
    Stihl BG-85 Hand-held
    Redmax 2300 trimmer
    Redmax Hedge Trimmer
    Shindawia Back-pack
    McClain Edger
    Agri-Fab Aerator
    7' X 12' Pro-Pull Trailer
    1995 Silverado
  4. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I personally favor anything made by Scag. The Tiger Cub is a great mower and a 19HP Kawasaki on the 48" will run you about $6999.Look at the dealers in your area and get a commercial quality mower. Other brands to consider are Exmark or Toro. I really think Scag is the best however. Good luck!