Considering Wright Stander with Rapid Height what do you think about them???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FERT-TEK, Jun 2, 2007.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Could the owners of the Wright Standers with RH give me some feedback on their machine good or bad. What do you like or would change and how is the cut on this new deck. I am considering either a 36 or 48 machine.

Not a lot of information here on the RH machines yet. Probably too new.

2. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

I have the 36" RH. Great machine so far, quick and gets in 95% of the gates. Changed to high lift blades, the standard blades didn't give the quality cut that I wanted.

3. FERT-TEK

Do you think that the floating deck is an improvement? Would you buy another? Have you any regrets with the machine? Is this your first Wright, what I mean is what are you comparing it to?

4. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

I bought a rapid height 19 Kawasaki 48 inch deck\engine combination, the engine turns out adequate power. The 48 inch\19 HP combination was the only RH WS on the showroom floor. I would have preferred a 21 or 23hp over the 19, but it was the only stander the dealer had in stock. I paid 6650 out the door.

The Standers fit nice and compact on a trailer, hold a slope well, they’re beasts and the quality of cut and stripe is awesome. The standers take up less trailer space, and in my opinion are the perfect tools for 1/4 to 1/2 acre, smaller commercial applications.

Bad points, operation around low hanging trees lol.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We are in our second year with the Sentar Sport 36" with RH and the 17hp Kaw engine. We like it a lot, our grasses aren't too hard to get a good cut so that was never a problem. We have had a few things go wrong such as hydro lines rubbing on engine and failing and a few interlocks failed and the hydro belt is a heller to replace. But the footprint is small customers don't mind the size and RH allows attacking bi-weekly cuts that get out of control. The seat turned out to be nice. The deck isn't floating ....it is a solid linkage so if you drop off a curb you can or will break something. I wish the unit had more grease points on all the pivots and especially the spindles. Our units has very large back tires(standard) so not much tracking. The hydro controls are a little jumply but are okay. Bottom line a good machine....and pretty durable.

6. FERT-TEK

I used to have a Great Dane and remember that the controls were jumpy as well. Do you think the isues you had were a design problem or just bad luck?
    Could you also elaborate in the deck linkage and how the machine might break if it is driven off of a curb. Sometimes that is the only way to access a property due to vehicles in a driveway etc.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The problems we had were design but .....not major ..for ex. the routing of the hydro lines can be changed easily and changing the belt isn't impossible. The linkage to raise/lowers the deck is solid metal pieces no chains. We jump a lot of curbs ....the units raises pretty high so it would have to be a unusual situation to break parts ...but possible.

8. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

19 is the most you can get with RH standers.

9. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

i know very little about mowers but I tested the Stander and Sentar Sport in 48 inch with 19HP with RH. I talked to engineers at Wright about the low HP. They said it is adequate and I must say, I was cutting the thickest Michigan fescue grass that you will find and taking off about 2 inches at full speed. It did an acceptable and even a good job. Slow it down a little and it left a beautiful cut with a single pass. The RH models are limited to 19 but I wouldnt have a mower without an easy cut height adjustment. These mowers are light, small, and very very manueverable. Engine sizes keep going up and up but if you have a light weight mower with 19000 rpm on the blades, it should do the trick. I want a Wright for my next mower based on threads Ive read on this site and testing them myself. Get a Wright rep to meet you on your own accounts with a demo like I did. Its worth it.

10. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm guessing that the 19hp limit is to have the RH at a certain price point. The dry engine weight of the 19 and 23 is the same, and the 25 is only 1.5 lbs more.