consolidation = more profitt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianslawn, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

would it be more profittable for a few individual lco's to merge into one big company? you would only need one biz license, insurance policy, office setup, etc. plus you save on advertising and rather everyone spend $$$ on little used equipment, everyone share. instead of 5 people driving into a neighborhood on the same day to do a few yards each, have one crew go there for the day and do 25 yards. less travel time, less gas, more yards done in a day. word of mouth spreads about quality of new company cause everyone is a pro instead of cheap labor. 3 of us once mowed 22 new houses side by side on a street for a builder... in under 3 hours. sure beats racking up miles, wearing out your truck and only doing 22 a day. cut your overhead costs and increase production and everyone nets more. plus no more late nights in office

give me some feedback guys. would this work or would everyone rather be small and work for themselves.

thanx

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I am no expert but i think it would be bad. For one, you have one h*** of a set up for yourself, why share t and give other companies the ability to use your equipment to make themselves money. The second and to me the best reason to not do it is you have too many owners all trying to make the most money. One owner=one person collecting majority of the money on the job and in this case that would be you. but like i said, i am no professional in business affairs.