Consumers report

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bruce, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Bruce

Bruce LawnSite Member
    from MN

Does anyone know of a web site that ranks commercial mowers.As the best to the worst.Like a consumers report.thanks for any replies Bruce
  2. Been working on it, but the MFG's don't want to participate.

And don't have the funds to do like the cunsumers reports do.

So I guess we will have to rely on Lawnsite for it huh?
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

while lawnsite doest make any official ratings ,id say this is pretty good rating system. when chuck made it clear that he didnt want any junk from people ,unless it was backed by personal experience.
    it really made a difference . imho
  4. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

Popular Mechanics did a couple of articles in the past couple of years on some residential ZTR mowers. I wrote the editor and suggested to him that there ARE homeowners out there (like me, I have a Turf Tiger), who would like to see some commercial machinery included in the review. All that homeowner stuff is a buncha ****.

Never heard back from him.
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

You won't find too much there , but there are some listings for commercial mowers/equipment on
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

LGF is right...

...too much competition when it comes to ground speed, blade tip speed, maintenance cost per hour, etc.

But, it would be nice though. Guess i will be in the nursing home b4 that happens...LOL
  7. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

No so much like a consumer reports type of thing. But more like a Car & driver just call it Mower & operator would be nice.

consumer reposts tests products that are designed to be the best at a specific task.
    C&D tests cars that are totaly based on personal prefrance.

Hard to get an unbiased opinion tho...
  8. Bruce

Bruce LawnSite Member
    from MN

The reason I ask was.The dealer i bought a walker from also sells cub cadet(the tank) I had to go there the other day to pick up a part.And he seen my new mowers i bought through another dealer. Exmark Lazer Z and W/B turf tracer.He got bent all out of shape.And start putting them down and said that the tank was rated #1 and that exmark was 4 Just wondering where he got the information thought maybe consumers report had something on it.He tried to sell me the tank a while back .but they looked to cheap to me .Sure glad i went with exmark I love the way they perform. Bruce
  9. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

No i think he was trying to get a (thats a peice of junk) response out of you. He wants to see if you can really tell its a piece of junk. If you look at it you can tell the mower is not made like a real mower like a chopper.