Contacts for commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T. Cagle, Dec 10, 2000.

1. T. Cagle

T. Cagle LawnSite Member

I would like to know how you guys go about contacting the correct people a a company that you want to bid on there lawn work,do you send letters or call or do you just go to the place of business and ask. I have used letters in the past with very little feedback.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I called on most of the ones I have, went in person to some. If you call first you can usually get an idea if they bid it out or if they are going to stay with who they have. Letters are easily disposed of and considered junk mail to the ones receiving it, never had much success with them or flyers for that matter.

YELLOW PAGE
    YELLOW PAGE
    YELLOW PAGE
    YELLOW PAGE

If you want to grow, get an ad. Best form of advertisement going.

Homer

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

You call the company, ask for who is in charge of building maintenance and then I say thank you and I will call back later. We then call back after a few days asking for that person and talk with them and ask are you happy with your current contractor? If yes we leave a business card and tell them our services are a phone call away. If they are not happy with current contractor we walk the grounds suggesting new ideas and what we can do and then ask to submit a proposal to them. (While doing a site walk look for trash to pick up that shows you care about care about what you do. At least half of our proposals are sold during our site walk.

4. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Cold call, you see a proerty you want, find them in the phone book, caall them with this is your name from your company we are intrested in bidding on the landscape maintence on your property could you tell me who I would need to talk to?, something to that effect, I hate doing it, I feel like I'm bothering people but it works great. Tried yellow pages add, nothing but residential call, here there are at least 3 pages of ads in yellow pages, lots of price shoppers.