1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Content Link

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by robertsturf, Feb 7, 2008.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

they are total rubbish!!!! scap it A.S.A.P. i bet the other lawn forums dont have annoying ads like these......
  2. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

I saw this on a new site i just signed up for a few weeks ago.. i have only been to it a few times since.. so annoying.. maybe if you had to click on it to pop up the add it would be different.. but if you move your mouse over it comes up....not cool...

maybe it wont be bad if it links to green stuff... as stated it will soon..
  3. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

I find the posts that are all CAPS Or Every Word Is Capped or a lto of mssipled werds, much more annoying.
  4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, get rid of it. If you need money that bad, I'll buy a couple LS t-shirts. Speaking of that, are you still selling them?
  5. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Charge $5 for membership payable by paypal.

You'll make plenty of money.
  6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Some of us haven't moved up to 21st century technology like paypal yet. Heck, I still haven't graduated from checks to debit card yet...
  7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

pshaaaaaa, old man!
  8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I think I am a fairly reasonable guy, but I confess, I do not like the content link. Having certain words underlined and in blue creates the appearance that the author of the post is emphasizing certain words, when he/she is not. It is distracting, and as has been pointed out already, the other lawn forums do not have it.

I imagine I am not the only one who has clicked on about every ad here and purchased from many of the sponsors, that being said, I see the content link as an intrusion, like a telephone solicitation; know how many purchases I've made from a telephone solicitor ever? ZERO. I don't buy from people who annoy the heck out of me.

If I were a Lawnsite sponsor, I'd want the content link gone, why upset and drive away potential buyers?
  9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Trash it ASAP... agreed, very annoying
  10. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

You have too much crap already slowing things down.

Time to raise your ad prices and get rid of the cheese stuff.

We will ALL be happier. :)