Content of A logo

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Cooper Landscaping, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have recently been thinking of designing a logo. Ive done some sketches but they all seem to be the same old same old with the Company name and a tree. In other threads you have mentioned how the tree would give the idea that youre a tree service, and im not. I was looking for ideas of things to include in the logo other than just business name.

Im on an exchange program in Japan, and althoguh i dont understand Japanese i still have to go to school. :rolleyes: Thats 6 hours a day i have to work on the design of the logo so any help is appreciated. Im looking for ideas of what to use in place of a tree and any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance
    -Coop

2. Cooper Landscaping

3. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly do a search on logo design (not on LS but on the web).. Go to these logo design companies and look through their portfolio.

Just because we are lawn cares does not mean our logos have to have anything to do with trees,grass,ect. A simple design can work.

I was not going to have anything relating to lawn care on my logo but when I saw this one I liked it.

Heres mine.

1.jpg

4. Cooper Landscaping

GreenQuest-
    nice logo and thanks for the reply- ill look on the web asap

anyone else?

-Coop

5. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Coop,
    on the web,go to *********** For as little as $50, a group of very talented graphic artists will compete for designing your logo. You can search the already made and winning designs there to see the quality and maybe get some ideas.

Mike

6. Cooper Landscaping

Thanks- i was kinda hoping to design it myself tho- but this may be a better option thanks
    -Coop

7. AltaView

AltaView LawnSite Member

I just used them to have mine done. It is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(just not spelled out and no spaces). I went through many submissions and finally chose this one.

AltaView

logo20.jpg

8. Cooper Landscaping

thanks Altaview- is the $50 a standard rate or are ther other hidden fees involved? thanks
    -Coop

9. AltaView

AltaView LawnSite Member

The $50 is the suggested minimum but I have seen contests for $40 on up. For the $50 contest there was a $5 fee for the site that hosts the contest. That brought the total to $55 out the door with the finished product in whatever file formats I needed.

Kevin

10. Cooper Landscaping

Altaview

thanks- is it satisfaction guaranteed? if not what if i dont like any of the images-- thanks

-Coop