1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Continous Concrete Landscape Edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Dwayne B, May 19, 2001.

1. Dwayne B

Dwayne B LawnSite Member

I am thinking of purchasing the Borderline machine. I am still in the decision stage and I'm interested in any comments. Would like to know if anyone is doing this or has done it and how the business went or is going. Any information would be helpful.:confused:
  2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I too am on the fence about possibly purchasing one of these, and would also appreciate any feedback from anyone who has one, or has used one.
  3. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

Just a personal opinion. I've seen it and I think it looks like someone is building a parking lot in their yard. There's a house not far from mine that has it and it just looks too permanent. Maybe in the right setting it's ok. But if your customers are requesting it go for it.
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I was thinking of getting an estimate for a restaurant I maintain. I sure think it would be handy to keep the mulch in place and create a nice look for the beds. One customer told me he paid $3.00 a foot, didn't seem to unreasonable...........I like it!
  5. Dwayne B

Dwayne B LawnSite Member

The Hair Saloon that my wife goes too has a fish pond with the concrete edging around it. They recently had a Open House and the owner siad that he had 30+ call-backs wanting installations of the edging. He operates a business and said if I decided to buy, to call him because he has more jobs than time. He only does the palin concrete, I will do the stamping and color. Sounds good!
  6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

We had continuious curbing installed about 3 months ago and love it. Once it's in, it's done. It holds mulch in and really adds "curb appeal" to the house. We paid $1.90 per foot installed for white. I asked them, and I think they said the machine runs about 4-5 thousand dollars. It looked like it took two guys to operate it, one handling the machine and one dumping in mixed mortar.
  7. Homer,
    Around this area and specially at the state capital area (Sacramento), price for curbing is on average $5 to $6 per foot and I have heard as high as $8 a foot. A friend of mine that does it says He had the machine paid for with 3 jobs. It's very big in that area. My area is too established and hasn't caught on.