Contract Account Discounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ken50, Apr 24, 2004.

1. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

I have just started, and have about a dozen accounts right now, but none of them are contract accounts. When you guys go out and get accounts that pay year round on a monthly basis, how much of a discount do you normally offer? If you would charge, say, $45/cut biweekly, what would u charge on monthly basis year round? Or, do you even offer a discount?

Thanks

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Get all of them on contract. You wont get paid otherwise.

3. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

Well, so far, Trevor, they pay me at the time of service, but I agree with you, I would much prefer to just get that check in the mail every month. Problem is, around here, the ones I have spoken to so far are resistent to the monthly contracts. That is why I was wondering how much of a discount, if any, is normal...
    Thanks for the reply....

4. gator-town

gator-town LawnSite Member
    from bfe

I would do it as such ... (36 cut per year) X ($45) = $1,620 / 12 months = $135.00 per month ... offer fall and spring cleanups, pruning, hedge clipping, fert, aeration, de-thatch, power washing hard surfaces, etc. for additional charges ... offer "all inclusive" if you are looking to offer them a deal ... normally it would cost them $200 per month offer at $180 ... that's a 10% discount ($240) ... or one month free with 12 month contract ... good luck .

5. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

Thanks Marc. That is exactly the information I was looking for, and falls right in line with what I was thinking as well...10% discount, anything other than cut and edge is extra.