Contract, agreement question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Premo Services, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I am making the agreements up now and am wondering about the number of months for cutting. We normaly have 32 cuts in season, but I am considering putting it to the end of november, and do some of the leaves with them. Most of my customers have curbside pickup , or I put them in woods on the property. Last year it was a breeze with the lazer, and ultra vac. The december final cleanup of beds and all areas will be billed seperately. What do you think of this idea. Pros or cons appreciated.

2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I plan the number of cuttings/year including mulching all leaves on the lawn through the end of the season. I normally don't remove leaves in beds til the following spring. If they're removed before winter, leaves still accumulate and the beds have to be cleaned out again in spring anyway. It saves my customers some cash to skip the Fall cleanup, plus at that time of year I don't have time for it anyway. I mulch everything . I've mulched piles of leaves a couple feet high. In Spring, the leaves are mulched after they're blown out of the beds. Thanks to Lawnsite, I've discovered double blades work even better than a mulch kit.

I also normally average 32 cuts a season, but that's Michigan. I figure 3 of those cuts are mainly just for leaf-mulching purposes.