Contract and Coupons

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by T.Heck, Feb 8, 2006.

1. T.Heck

T.Heck LawnSite Member

What do you guys think of these?

Do you ahve to have a contract?

Would you offer some kind of coupon with a signing of a contract / or just offer them one (after so many cuts) they could use? Maybe $15 off a cut with signing of a contract?
    Good or bad idea?

Im open to all info/ideas. I just want to WOW people and get there interest.

Thanks, T.Heck

2. Shawninfl

Shawninfl LawnSite Member

We just started in october and this is what we have learned.
    1) We used to offer a 10% accross the board discount for signing a contract - figure why not its gauranteed money.
    2) Now with the buisness picking up we off discounts in two ways - one limited coupons off our web site - this makes people go there. and the other way we give discounts is through referrals. If some one gives us a customer that just purchases any service we give both the new customer and the one who referred them $5 off. If a customer gives us 5 new customers who sign up for contracts we give them a $50 off coupon they can use on either their current bill or any new service. If a customer gives us 10 new customers who sign up for contracts we give the customer a free month of lawn service. I figure that most yearly contracts are worth over a thousand dollars to us and if someone is sending me 10,000 dollars worth of business I can do their lawn for free!
    To get the word out to my customers on both ways they can save I send them newsletters every month, I have it on my website, and I send them little letters every once in a while with "funny money" in it to be used for these purposes!

Hope this helps.

3. T.Heck

T.Heck LawnSite Member

Wow thats great! I wanna be one of your customers :p

Great info Thank you!