1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Contract and Dog Poo????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bulldog26, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Bulldog26

Bulldog26 LawnSite Member

I wanted to know how many of you address the issue of dog Poo in your contracts. Last year I had one clint that I mowed evry week same time and the dogs poo would never be cleaned up. I had to make this the last stop of the day just so I could run buy the car wash or go clean when I parked the machine. Do you charge a cleaning fee or not? If so do you put how many piles are allowed or what, I just would like to know know the pros deal with this problem. Thanks
  2. justinslawncare

justinslawncare LawnSite Member

i had a customer like that but i hadnt thought of charging extra for clean up. i agree that it is a pain. thanks for the idea.
  3. Bulldog26

I want to put it in the contract just don't know how to throw it in.
  4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We have a $ 10.00 equpiment cleaning fee for people who do not clean up after their dogs. I have one account for the last three years who averages about $ 150.00 extra in fees for dog doo:p
  5. Green Edge

Green Edge LawnSite Member

I mow over it and spray towards the house,...lol. Usually its not an issue a lil here and there is expected and it just gets on the tires and comes back off in the grass anyway, the only way i would have a problem is if there were multiple land mines from a bull mastiff or something then something would have to be said.
  6. Bulldog26

Impact, your boys did a number on my Colts last week. Being from The South Bend are (Noter Dame) I didn't want to see Betis end his carrer on a fumble at the 2. DB should have ran that on back to the house.
    Anyway, I"ll stop crying, Do you have any problem with the client when you tell them thier being charge extra for that? Do you have to show them the proff packed in you tiers. How dose it go over.
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

This is what I put in:

"Pet owners, please pick up after your animals. Cleaning animal waste off our equipment is not a favorite chore for us. Excessive animal waste may result in additional charges, or discontinuation of service. Also, please pull your pooch inside when we arrive to mow. If you can't be there during your scheduled service days, try to leave your pal inside. Your animal might be a great pet, but all the noise and the chaos from the lawn machines can turn the most benevolent bowser into a malicious attack dog. "

If it becomes a problem, $10 per visit fee. If it doesn't end then, I stop mowing the area until it's cleaned up. If it's not cleaned up, I stop the service.
  8. Bulldog26

MTD, I like that. I might use it if you don't mind.
  9. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

On my service Agreement it says: If dog is kept on property,customer must have lawn area free from all pet droppings when lawn care operator is scheduled to service lawn, otherwise customer will be charged a $5 dollar fee for equipment clean-up per each visit.
  10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that what i do to, 10 ir 15 bucks depending oh how bad it is....but.... you can tell if they are not picking it up at all, or if they are pretty good about it and there is a new turd.... i let it slide... kind of a judgment call....