Contract clauses..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fiveoboy01, Jun 3, 2006.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Do any of you put a clause in your contracts stating that the lawn/yard must be free of large debries such as rocks, large branches, kid toys etc, or the customer will pay a fee for pickup and/or damage caused to equipment?

I was also thinking about one for dog doo, like a 5.00 fee or something. I don't think I'd take pleasure in cleaning crap off equipment.

Thanks.

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I don't do many contracts, but if I did i would probably have something in there about picking up all the crap in their yards. Nothing gets me more ticked then having to pick up 4 or 5 hoses and sprinklers before I even start. I should start telling all my customers to start picking up everything before I come. But WTH i'm gonna just keep doing what i'm doing....:cry: Oh and BTW dog crap gets hosed off at their house...LOL

3. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

No clause like the crap clause! I recognize the reality of having to pick up the debris before I mow. Rule 1 before starting the mower is to walk the property and remove items harmful to my mower and me. Since I usually check the property before giving a price I include the extra I would like to compensate for the inconvenience of doing my job.. Count it all joy!:clapping:

If you let it get to you then you really need to look at something less stressful than lawn service, like taking a nap!