Contract dates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by aperfectlawn, Jul 19, 2004.

1. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

I was wanting to know when you start mowing and finish mowing for a commercial property. I was getting together my proposls for next year. I live in Arkansas.
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

My contract states "This agreement shall commence on ______________ and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied." That way you can keep the contract open as long as the price is right, and they are satisfied with your service. If you up your prices, send out a new contract.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Shaun,

Here is a quote from this contract.

"The terms of this Agreement shall commence on 2003 and shall continue in full force and effect thereafter until it is terminated by thirty days written notice by either party to the other."
  4. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Typical commercial contracts go for 12 months. I do set a begin date and end date on my contracts. When contract is up a new one gets signed.
  5. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

I was wondering what the mowing dates are. When do you start mowing, when do you finish, so you can estimate how much money it will be?
  6. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Differnt parts of the country start and end at different times & some are year around. Here in the Midwest we typically get 22-25 mowings per year. This is typically the number that we use. I aim for the conservative number say...20 then go from there just in case we have a severe drought.
    Hope this helps