contract problem?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GroundControlLawnCare, Mar 11, 2007.

1. GroundControlLawnCare

GroundControlLawnCare LawnSite Member

I THINK A SEE WERE YOUR COMING FROM.BUT KEEP IN MIND I HAVE THE ORIGANAL CONTRACT SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT THAT WAS STILL IN HIS TERM WHAT EVER THE MEANS. NO BIG DEAL, NOT WORTH IT FOR ME ANYWAYS. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.

2. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Yes.They want it all spelled out to the letter.Insurance and what your offering.Tree trimming,mulch,palms,or what ever the case may be.Every place is diffrent.The extras will most likely be a diffrent contract but alot of them like it to be included in the proposal but it would be additional.But Truf66 is right.Alot of them are loyal.It's almost always one or the other.

3. GroundControlLawnCare

thanks for the info.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I would call the old president, ask him in a polite way "What the hell is going on???" Maybe he can work it out. A lot of HOA board members get really hung up on their self-imposed by-laws.

The new officers can be tough to deal with, often on a power trip.

5. CkLandscapingOrlando

I think it would be smart to talk to him if you want the work.If he likes you as a person he may over look price or even let you know what your up against.Or he could just be an ass and get rid of you just because he did'nt hire you.

6. GroundControlLawnCare

how do you market your company? just wondering , thanks for the info.

7. CkLandscapingOrlando

All most all my work has come word of mouth.I have done alot of fliers.When it comes to commercial I got an apartment finder and went through it.I listed every company in it and how many places they run.You wont get into the big ones with out doing the small ones first unless you get lucky.But you will know what to watch.Then start calling and ask If their currently satisfied with their grounds maintanace.If not then you bid.Down here we work year round for the most part.Right now these guys have 8 hours to do 4 hours work so even the retards got their properties looking good.2 more months and it will be show and tell.All the guys that lay off half their company have to hire any one willing to work for 8 bucks an hour and I know what kind of work I would do for 8 bucks.Once they let the place look like hell you can just walk in and talk.The contract they have dont mean any thing because the landscaper has'nt done their job.

8. GroundControlLawnCare

what is your min charge. im not looking screw anybody i know we are some what close but whats your min ? i'm just wondering new at this.

9. CkLandscapingOrlando

If your talking to mow it would be 25.I like to stay around 60 plus an hour