1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

contract questions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Andrew Kovacs, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Andrew Kovacs

Andrew Kovacs LawnSite Member

So I spent this past week beating the street and found a whole bunch of commercial lots just off the high-way near my house. Ten out of the sixty I stopped at would like a bid for summer cuts.
    I took down as much information as I could from the prospect customer and made my self a little chart at home of all ten business. I have numbers for all of them and I'm getting excited to send them all out.
    Brings up my question. Does any one have a nice form they use to submit bids.
    If I get the bid what does a real contract look like and entail?
    Thanks, Andy:dizzy:

2. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Lawncaresuccess.com one of the sponsors of this forum. Use their materials and love them. Their proposal\bid form is great. Just finished filling one out for a new customer.:)

3. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Andrew,

Normally what I do is incorporate two into one. I write up the bid listing the terms and the specs. Then at the end of the bid, I have a space at bottom where I sign it. I also leave a space for the property managers (if they accept) to sign it also. Thus making it a contract at the signing.

Sometimes they write additions on the bid. I make the revisons sign it and return it back to them for their signature.