1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Contract Renewal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by M and S Lawn Care, Aug 25, 2006.

1. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hello all,

Just wondering when most of you guys have customers renew their contracts. One, because I dont want to flyer and try to get jobs after everyone has already renewed, and two, I want to know when I should do so myself. I hate the "I just renewed my contract" speech everyone seems to give. Is it usually after the season is over, or in april, before mowing starts? Thanks!

2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I would also like to know this.
  3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

It all depends on the company they use and how they run their contracts. Some do all year others just the cutting season, and some a year from the date the sign the contract.
  4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Mine just has a statement that says that unless the contract is cancelled by either party, it automatically renews every January 1. A quick reminder phone call or note in the mail in January is all the notice they get.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Auto renew-- on anniversary date. Year round contracts

" CONTRACT PERIOD: This contract shall become effective Beginning the _____ day of ____________,______ and shall continue for a period of 12 consecutive months untill the last day of _____,___ . Upon it's completion, this contract will automatically renew for an additional one-year commitment, and shall continue to automatically renew after each completion until it is terminated in writing. This contract may be cancelled by either party upon thirty (30) days receipt of written notice of cancellation. Notice is to be sent registered or certified mail with return receipt requested."

Try this