Contract Resources

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rob7233, May 26, 2007.

1. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

I have thought for some time now that I absolutely need to be working with a contract/service agreement. After reading so many posts here about customer problems and issues, I feel most of it all comes down to communications of expectations. I think that an agreement would really be of help here.

Customers frequently have memory lapses which may be legitimate or not. I spend more time that I care to going over what I thought was clearly understood. Then there is always the few that create conflict because they won't or can't be straight up with you. All the more reason to cut out all the crap I can, by having an agreement in place.

I want to create a contract with separate set of company policies in place addressing most of these issues that I've heard about or experienced. I currently have an attorney who will review it once I'm near completion.

What I'd like to ask though is besides gopher, does anyone know of any good resources (online or otherwise) to find agreement samples that would be detailed enough for our needs? I'm also concerned about this turning out to be so large that it "spooks" customers. That is why I thought about making a separate company policy sheet to go along with it.

For those that actually use them, what are some of the broader categories or issues that you address with yours? What parts of your contract are you particularly happy with and how did it solve some of your company's problems?

I know that your contracts have cost you time and money and I'm not asking anyone for a copy. However, if you have a portion of it that you think is really good and would like to share it, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance.