Contract stipulation...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nobagger, Apr 7, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Has anyone ever put into their contract a stipulation, example- mine has at the bottom,this stipulation, "Either party may terminate this contract with at least a 30 day written notice, failure to do so will result in a $50.00 termination fee." I have never had to use this but at one point I thought it was a good idea. This year already 2 would be customers did not go with us only because of this stipulation. Is this too threatening to them or not? However both people said they understood why we have to put something like this in there.

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

No. We have the "30 day written notice" clause, but no fee involved for falure to follow. Simply never been an issue for us yet.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah pjs, I'm considering taking out the $50.00 fee. Your sign looks great!

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i don't have a cancelation fee. BUT.....pre paid fert programs are non refundable. i had a lady pay me $400 last year in advance, recieve one aplication, the lawn looked great , then she cancelled. no refunds, sorry. personally, my contracts are non binding, the reason for them is to ensure i get paid, and on time, and so we both understand exactly what gets done and when. they can cancel anytime in writing