Contract

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DaughtryLC, Mar 9, 2007.

1. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just got a new contract for a 5 acre cemetery, never cut one before. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Congrats & Good Luck!

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Be careful...

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Oh yeah, and if a dead body sticks it's hand up out of the ground, be respectful and trim around it!

5. DaughtryLC

You Guys are killin me!

Seriously, What works best trimming or mowing first?? Walk-behind or Z??

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Just watchout for those headstones. You may want to get one of those rubber deck guards for your mower deck so it doesn't get to banged up or leave scratches on a headstone of you bump into it. Jrco makes one.
    I'd say trim first.
    Will you be bagging or discharging?
    Just try not to shoot the clippings all over the stones, that never looks good.
    A Walker mower would be a great machine for this type of work since you can trim on both sides but then again you have to deal with catching and dumping grass clippings.

Have fun, Its gonna be like cutting a maze.

... Oh if you hear any strange voices, they're just coming from below...

7. DaughtryLC

I will be using a Snapper 60" Rider Z ,but the reason I ask about the WB is because I have a 48" Pro. I will be discharging

8. reisslawncare

reisslawncare LawnSite Member

Hello, I have been working at a cemetery for a little over 10 yrs. We trim around the stones with 36'' Heckendorn (trycycle looking mower) very manuverable. Then we come through or down the 10' allies with our 60'' 225 Toro Groundsmasters. We weed eat around every stone, vase, tree, bush, shrub,water hydrant, etc. about every 2 or 3 weeks. Unless people complain 2 much. Then we do it more often. This takes a crew of 9 people 4 days to mow once. Takes 5 people about 1 or 2 weeks to weed eat once, depending on how good they are with the heckendorn. We have aproximatly 300 acres to take care of. Hope this helps.:drinkup: