Contract????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by regulator220, May 14, 2007.

1. regulator220

regulator220 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Hey I had a question hopefully a few of you can give me an opinion on?

The cemetery I mow wants to fire me saying that I have not performed my duties in my contract.

Now the reason for this is the guy on the board decided he wants to mow it himself and there are 3 guys on the board.

Now one guy on the board says I do a great job and the other guy is lying to the president saying I aint, so the president sides with him and terminates my contract immediatly on a 2 to 1 vote...

I even had 22 people sign a petition sayin I did a great job over the last 3 years!

Now I have nothing in my contract stating a termination clause like I do the rest of my contracts.

So my question is legally can they fire me because the guy on the board lies and wants to mow himself??? Aint that called conflict of interest or something like that?

If they can why do I even bother having contracts if they just dont care what they say?

Do you guys thinks I can win in a court case from what I have told you?

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Yes the can terminate services at anytime. A contract is for when you perform a service and they decide not to pay. You can take them to court with your contract authourizing the service.

Out of curiousity how did you find 22 people in a cemetery to sign a petition?

3. regulator220

regulator220 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I sat there for a few hours on mothers day to get a petition signed. People always in the cemetery i mow its pretty big.

I talked to a lawyer and they said they cant fire me just for spite. If i was doing a bad job they can but not for the heck of it.