Contractor bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coopmaster, Jul 3, 2008.

1. coopmaster

coopmaster LawnSite Member

I am a one man operation and I go through a lot of the Husky Contractor bags. Last year they were $12.49 (Homy Depot) a box, now they are $16.47 or $17.62 after uncle sam's take. Anybody know where to get them any cheaper?
  2. progressivelawncare

progressivelawncare LawnSite Member

the local owned francise stores around here send out sale flyers monthly and these have been in one of them (do it best) alot for 10.99. i always check them and buy a couple boxes ahead it helps me i am solo also.
  3. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i buy those same type bags, they are awesome, however they can get expensive. im wondering if you could look at sams or on the internet for bags that are 3 mil and not have the name husky.
  5. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

6. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

ok, i jus figured it out, and if you get the 4 mil bags that are 39 gallons and then you get the box of 100, your payin 1.92 a bag, and thats expensive compared to getting the husky bags from home depot and you get those for 48 cents.
  7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

$.48 a bag?? Do your calculations over again. it's more like $.56 per. The bags are $16.47 X .07% sales tax (NJ) that's like $1.15.

16.47+1.15=$17.62, divide that by 32 (# of bags) and you get roughly $.56, rounded up. :waving:
  8. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

coop what are you using the bags for? any option to not use so many?
  9. coopmaster

coopmaster LawnSite Member

Some yards get bagged and they don't have a waste area and I either take the bags with me or leave them for the customer to put out for garbage pick up. If I take the bags with I can dump them and reuse them. It is not a great expense but just looking for a way to minimize the cost.
  10. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

I can get 50 bags 45 gal 3 mil for $25 here and true value