Contractor Followup

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Sep 28, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Went out today to inspect a couple of areas recently installed by a contractor. The edges are going to be cut down to the parking lot curb. I think the sprinklers (Toro 570PRX-4P w/ MP-Rotators) are just a smidge too high? :)

Divisadero High Sprinklers 9-28-06 IV-01.jpg

Divisadero High Sprinklers 9-28-06 IV-02.jpg

Divisadero High Sprinklers 9-28-06 IV-03.jpg

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

are they going to sod or seed the area the sod may lower it just a tad

3. PurpHaze

Common Bermudagrass. It'll be overseeded depending on how it responds in the spring.

4. Beartooth

Beartooth LawnSite Member

I'll bet the contractor that did the installation was low bid!

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

We work with a lot of LCO's and there are a few that would prefer that they would be installed that high. Landscapers that use a liberal amount of soil would prefer that height or a sod job would prefer that height. I assumed whomever is doing the grass told them the desired height. Where you guys to busy to do the install?

6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

What else is new payup

7. PurpHaze

I'm actually not sure if these even went out to bid or not. The same contractor is doing 6-7 smallish irrigation projects where very old portable buildings have been removed from school sites. I know the maximum dollar amount (before a project has to go out to bid) has been raised so I doubt if it went out to bid.

8. Regardless of whether or not sod is going down....that head is above the curb.....quite sh*tty if you ask me....

9. PurpHaze

Yup... agree. I've had the chance to take a look at some of their other work and it's been fine. This guy has also been conscientious about doing things the way we want them and not cutting corners. In a couple of instances there was miscommunication as to exactly what we wanted but instead of continuing on his merry way he stopped things and made the phone call. My boss says that they will be required to lower these sprinklers to the anticipated grade.