1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Contractor & Realtor

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DaughtryLC, Mar 15, 2007.

1. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Why does it seem these people want Lawn Maintenance ASAP, but take forever to PAY?? I have wised up to these people over the yrs. to charge more just because the time it takes to get paid! I mean come on, you want it done such in such day because you have a walk throw such in such day. And you get the job DONE! Then PAY UP!!! I hope these people are reading this!!

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

I have been dealing with the same thing since day one, since my wife now runs the office it has gotten better she takes no crap from anyone:hammerhead:
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

you also need to remember, when you send a bill into a relator, they in turn send it to the home owner for payment/reimbursement. and most lcopmanies don't cut checks on a dialy basis....they do it a couple times a month.

I hold on to all of my bills until I get them all and then sit down and pay all at the same time.

If you are doing "emergency Service" ie a one time cut that needs to be done in a hurry, you should already be charging a premium. I guess if you don't like getting the money late, you need to address this with the realtor and explain your terms, or stop doing work for them. Personally from a realtor getting paid with-in a month of doing the work is pretty good. I had a couple commercial sites that I did on a regular basis, that were 60 day payers... It wasn't until I realized the steps that they had to go through to pay the bill did I adjust my billing to fit their needs...and cut the time in half.