Contractor referral service

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by thomaslawn, Jun 7, 2007.

1. thomaslawn

thomaslawn LawnSite Member

We are looking into adding contractor referrals as another service our business will provide. It seems as though anytime we advertise a service to our existing clients we get a great response. I've had people ask if they know of anyone who does gutter work, home additions, windows etc.

There is a business out of New York that provides all of the contracts, forms etc. one needs to start this kind of operation. We are looking into purchasing this information and adding it to our services provided. We could also branch out to non-clients with this service. Any thoughts?

2. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

A concierge service is fine as long as your list is stocked only by stand up, honest, quality work types. One guy on there that's the least bit shady, or willing to take a short cut, and your name will be mud along with his.

3. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

I would think if you did a good job of prequalifying the contractors, checked references and followed behind on jobs to make sure everything was ok, you would do well. I would also send out a questionaire to all clients that use this service one week after completion to make sure there expectations were met, if not exceeded.

I have often thought of doing something similar, just haven't had the time to put everything together yet.

Keep me posted as to what you do, if you don't mind.