Contractors In The News

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Mar 14, 2009.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok, Ok, I know it is not much, just a mention is all... but hey it is still a frozen wasteland up here and as they like to say in the media: "Any impression is a good impression."

http://www.huntsvilleforester.com/article/130745

On the heels of this illuminating article, I felt so elated I decided to go out and treat myself. (Well actually, I am just trying to practice RBB - Recession Busting Behaviour) So yesterday I bought a new truck! My silver 2009 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4 Double Cab 5.7L IForce will arrive just before the Chev has to go back off lease.

Does anyone else out there drive a Tundra? This will be my first non GM vehicle ever. (1978 Firebird, 1977 Laurentian, 1979 Monte Carlo, 1986 C1500 Pickup, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 Silverados) I am looking forward to be able to pull the boat around legally for a change. (Tundra has the highest towing capacity of any 1/2ton on the road)

Have a great weekend.

i_mod0.jpg

2. MAGLIGHTING

MAGLIGHTING LawnSite Member

I told you he was the #1 lighting designer in Canada :canadaflag:
    The truck is beautiful. Lots of luck with it.

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Hey thanks Mike... I am actually really looking forward to getting back into live stage lighting, if only in a small way. I started out, way back when, in that area and the stage is where I learned about light. It is where I first got "the bug".

I am coming up with some really interesting concepts for this Wizzard of Oz production, and am thinking that the tornado scene is going to be the pinnicle of lighting effects in this performance. Combining the use of multiple sourced, clashing stroboscopic effects (yes there will be a warning on the program) along with some multimedia projections onto the cyc. I hope to create quite the storm.

The sets are going to be simple and spartan, relying on the actors and, to a large degree, the lighting to transport the audience through all of the different scenes. I came up with an idea to project a full motion "Dora the Explorer" type map onto the cyc. during transitions and then light the various stage locations independantly, essentially creating multiple stages within a stage. Should be fun.

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Super nice truck James- I had a new Tundra back in '02 or so, Loved it. The new one is bigger and cooler now. I drove a rental '08 Tundra, extended cab like the picture, for a month and a half during Christmas Season when one of my crews used my '05 ford F-150. You'll love it. very tight doors like a bank vault, awesome stereo. It did surprisingly drink more gas than the V8, maybe 13 mpg instead of 15 or so, but then, this truck begs you to hotrod it. it has gobs of power and torque. Good luck with it, and the Wizzard of Oz production.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Thanks David.... I was blown away by the power of the Tundra in my test drive. It was like a rocket compared to my Silverado (which has a 3.23:1 axle ratio in it... lame lame lame). I am definately going to have to take some of the lead out of my right foot with this truck!

I am seriously considering installing a Hypertech performance ECU chip in the new truck. It allows you to dial in the engine performance on the fly. You can dial up economy for highway trips, and then dial in HP for towing. www.hypertech.com

Have a great weekend.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Youre only helpin Japan with that purchase...hope ya like it. Theyre still the ugliest truck IMO.

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Sure Ryan, not to mention all of the Assembly workers in Texas who build the Tundra, all of the administrative staff at Toyota Canada, all of the transportation companies (rail and truck) who move the product to me, and all of the OEM suppliers located throughout N. America that make the parts for Toyota.

Heck, right here in Muskoka we have Algonquin Automotive which makes a myraid of accessories for the Tundra and other Toyota products. They operate two factories within 20 mins of my home and I know several families that work there as well as the owner of the company who is a really nice guy! I would hazzard to guess that the vast majority of the components in that Truck are made here in N. America. Then I bought it right here in my town at a local dealer, also employing my neigbours. Then there is the consideration that Toyota just invested billions into two new assembly plants right here in Ontario Canada. (As did Honda... GM, Chrysler and Ford have just finished closing many of their Ontario lines and plants... laying off thousands and breaking a number of govenment funding agreements and tax incentive agreements in the process!)

I would say the only N. Americans who are not benefitting from my Toyota purchase are the UAW and CAW members... but that is another topic for another day.

Oh, and it is a really pretty truck too with a fit and finish that I have NEVER seen before in a pickup.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Uglier than a Dodge RAM? :confused:

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Good call i did forget about the new Ram...

Im happy for ya James! Enjoy it! I hope it works for ya.

10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

According to cars.com, the Toyota Sienna ( van) and Toyota Tundra have the highest domestic content of any "import" vehicles. 80 percent of the cost of a Tundra is made in either US or Canada. Sienna is 85%. This beats many vehicles from the big three traditional US companies. This is the same or more domestic content than the Chevy and Ford full size trucks. the Ram is only 68% domestic content.