1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

contractors license

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsfrk, Aug 20, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Does anyone know how to get a Contrator's License? Or get tested for one?
  2. jsmonroeCT

jsmonroeCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're talking about a building contractor's license, why ask on this forum?
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

This is the 3rd day in a row that you have ask a question that is so general that it can't be answered. BUT most all State's control licensing issues so check OH's state website.
  5. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

Do alot of you LCO have licenses or not I live in Indiana and i know that you don't have to but do you others have to
  6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

It will be different from state to state. In this state you would be illegal if you replaced a sprinkler head at one of your accounts, thus the reason to be licensed. Don't know about Ohio...
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Actually Critical that is not true. The State of Oregon alows you to fix up to 3 sprinkler heads if damage was caused by you, the operator. Now for actually fixing a system that is a totaly different subject.
  8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, you're right sildoc. I got my license so I wouldn't have to worry about these things, such as accidentally replacing four heads instead of three, or accidentally replacing the funny pipe, which perhaps would be considered irrigation work instead of maintenance.

I kinda wonder what other states allow as far as maintenance goes before you cross the line...
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I am in oregon also. So what aplies to every one in oregon is what applies to me.
  10. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

No such thing as a landscape contractors license in Washington state. All you need is a business license and your good to go. I'm on the state line w/ Oregon and should I ever decide to take work in Portland then I would, of course, need an Oregon Landscape Contractors License.