1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Contracts and Proposals

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Josh.S, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wanting to know what you guys do for contracts. I don't think an advanced pay would work with most of my customers, but I am going to contract all of them next summer. Here is a template of what the guy before me used. Do you guys have any better ones, and do you have an template proposals? Should I put my price per foot for bed edging and sidewalk edging in the contract?

2. Doug Z.

Doug Z. LawnSite Member

If your going to go through with a contract, talk to a lawyer, and get it worded right. I started with the contracts that you can buy at Office Depot. I am now out, after attorney fees, about $ 25,000.00. The first thing I did when this all started, was have my attorney draw up a new one. A contract is worthless unless there is payment requirments init, and what will happen if you dont pay.
  3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of the custmers have been with the guy before me for 3-7 years, so I really don't need to worry about them not paying.. but I would still rather have a better contract.