Contracts Do you use them or Not?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Husky05, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone in here use contracts for residential account strictly for mowing/fertlizing? If so what do they look like or say? How do you present it to the homeowner do you have a sample of one that I may look at? Thanks

2. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

I have been working on a sheet that doubles as a price estimate sheet and a contract. If They liike the bid, they just sign it. I have been developing one thanks to the help of Lewis Landscape. It is based on theirs but I am modifying it a little. Here is the link to the few he gave. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=121529

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Most of my residential is on monthly contract.
    It tells what we are going to do all year and what we will be applying
    It states the total cost and than cost /12 for a monthly rate.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't hurt for mowing, but it doesn't have to be lease on life. Just have a price and a timely pay schedule, and a 30 day motice of termination clause. This stuff about pre-pay, and them having to pay for the rest of the season - even though the service isn't given, is a bunch of crap. No one wants to go through all that just for a lawn service.
    here in Michigan, for chem., we're required by law to have a service agreement stating that they agree to have us come in and service their said property.