1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is a $2200.00 contract worth???? A local company wants to meet with me and and discuss this as well as some other accounts he has!!! Thanks....I might be getting out if this BS with fuel doesn't stop!!!
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

ahhhh.....hummmnnnnnnn......i'll guess $2200

3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, this guy wants to sell his company and all accounts....he claimed he had one worth $2200.00 a month......well I met with him, he started in business in 92, he has about 18 accounts and a ton of equipment.....he made 38k last year...his asking price.......$65000.00 for everything.....go figure... :dizzy:
  4. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

who was that?
  5. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

When he goes out of business.....his clientele will be looking for someone anyway...so why buy the rights to them? If he showed you the names, just wait for him to go out of business and then bid on them.
    Who's to say they will stick with you if you bought his business....Basically he's selling you the potential to earn that money...you can do that on your own.

If it really intrigues you, have someone verify the value of the equipment, but I wouldn't give him anything more than one months receipts for the clientele, and then fair market value for the equipment. Otherwise walk away.....no.....run away!