Contracts??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pitbullguy, Dec 19, 2005.

1. pitbullguy

pitbullguy LawnSite Member

Hey guys whats going on.I wanted to know are any of you guys still mowing,and what do you think about a contract,and how long do you go with it??

Thanks for the help:)

2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

what are you talking about?

3. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still "running the mower" to get up leaves and will finish up thursday. I only use contracts on commercial accounts over $500 per month.

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We are going to all 12 month contracts for 2006. We have found that contracts are the only way to keep a steady income year-around. Without contracts we will would only work till the end of December and start about back about the middle to end of March.

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I try for 7 month contracts payable May 15 - Nov 15. I figure and average of 26 mowings per year, divide by 7, then that is the payments on May 15 - Nov. 15. We usually start mowing early April, and are done middle of Nov.

6. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

7. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

All I do is 12 month contracts............

8. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) Yep im still at it, got 3 more cleanups and some pruning and 1 more mulch install. As far as contract's i only use them on commercial accounts, as far as reg customer accounts down here in Indiana they don't like to pay you in the hot season's if you have to skip a week or 2, Ive tried for over 20yrs to sell um contract's just don't fly here in this area, commercial only...Marks Mowing Service

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, leaf cleanups 100% going into January, pay as you go, verbal agreement.

No contracts, that's what saving money does, I got enough in the bank to last me through April and saving money is priority ONE when spring starts, the first thing needs doing is save the money for Winter! ... yes, next winter that is.

That way, I'm not skru'd.
    Cauz I been there.

This year, I had my money for winter saved by August.
    Next year, no later than August, and sooner is better.
    I really would like to have my winter money saved by June, to be honest.