1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ACutAboveKevin, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ACutAboveKevin

ACutAboveKevin LawnSite Member

what do you guys put in your contracts. how do you work them. do you just do like a 22 week contract where you get paid reglardless of whether or not the lawn needs cut?
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Our contract are for one year and includes a certain total number of cuts. The customer pays a fixed amount per month for 12 months. Younger people like a fixed rate so they can set up auto payment types. And by stretching it across 12 months it lowers the monthly payments.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i just end them in december because i know grass wont grow afterwards so its a good end spot and start up when the customer wants to
  4. Isenberg94

Isenberg94 LawnSite Member

I'm located in NE PA and was wondering how many cuts per season do you plan on? I'd like to offer contracts next year, but want to have a good average number of cuts in mind before I do.

5. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

I personally, was tough the same method as ed2hess. I don't have nowhere even close to the expierence as he does, but somebody whose been in the business as long as he has is whose advice I would take. Remember, he lives in Texas and I live in Central Florida. Your in Zone 6, I know central florida is Zone 9. The grass damn near grows year around, it just slows down in Dec, Jan, and Feb.
  6. jeromet

jeromet LawnSite Member

can you post a copy of a contract