Contracts?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Julio Medina, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Julio Medina

Julio Medina LawnSite Member
    from IL

Does everyone make their customers sign a contract? what is the best way to go about this? do you run into problems?

2. Kingram10

Kingram10 LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

None of my customers sign a contract,I dont think they would go for it any way. But If you are locked into a contract and your customer turns out to be a Pita then you cant get rid of them untill the contract expires.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Contracts go over like a bad fart in an elevator in my area. However, most folks agree on here they are a good idea. Folks scoff everytime I even mention them so I quit with them. I had started using ones for one time jobs and got burned here as of late for not doing so.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Dang Quality..got burned again? You know better.

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

All clients sign by the xxxxx That explains they agree to all terms and conditions.All new clients are put of credit card auto pay program as well.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

Yes, my dear, I should know better, but....:laugh:

7. sheshovel

Well you don't make them do anything. If they don't understand you legaly protecting yourself then they aren't too bright anyway. Most good potential customers will sign a contract if you just let them know it's part of the way you run your business.

8. sheshovel

What? Old dog new tricks thing or what? You know it's your own fault if ya know better and still don't protect yourself and you also know I love telling you that. Plus I thought you hung it up anyway? Still torturing yourself huh?

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

call it a service agreement, they will sign it......

10. QualityLawnCare4u

Im a glutton for punishment am I not? And yes I know you love telling me. BTW, you must have missed my thread tonight, was inviting your comments:laugh: