Contracts ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MattsMowing3535, Nov 16, 2006.

1. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I am sure all of you use contracts. I dont think there is any other way in landscaping. . Well what I really need is just a basic contract that I can use for simple things like mulch. Maybe one of those work change orders I have read about on here. I think that basicly is something that you write up if the client wants something else done correct? I am sorta new at this not much landscaping so far. I'll be 16 this spring and am going to try and get alot of mulch jobs! Any other advice/contracts would be great!
    Thanks everyone.
  2. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

It depends on what you are specializing in. If you are a mow and blow, your contract should list mowing, trimming, edging and blowing as basic services with any other work to be billed out additionally.
  3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

A change order is not a contract. It is a change within an existing contract.

An example might be if you have a contract that says "to plant three #2 (2 gallon) Emerald Gaiety Eounymus" and the client asks for #3's instead. Then you write up a change order for them to sign that changes the plant size and how much you get paid for them. The client needs to sign it to approve the change.

A contract can be very simple. You really don't have to use some standard contract. All you need to do is describe what work is to be done and how much is to be paid for that work. You can be as detailed as you want or as vague as you want. Just remember that you live by the sword and die by the sword. Sometimes too much detail will work against you and other times for you.

Mowing grass should be pretty basic.