1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

? contracts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ubirajara83, Feb 16, 2007.

1. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

People that have contracts you charge them per cuts? What happens when you only mow 2 times per month are you still charging the per cuts? Or do you just give them a flat fee
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

A per cut contract stipulates that the customer is charged only for the cuts made.
  3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

A per month contract states you get the same amount every month.
  4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have to skip a week because its too dry or pouring for three days your customer still pays?
  5. TurfDesign Eric

TurfDesign Eric LawnSite Member

the other option nobody seems to think about is PRE-PAID. offer the customer a discount if they pay for the season in advance, it doesn't have to be much, but make them see the value in it. This will give you operating capitol before the season starts. I'm not saying you have to offer this to every customer but the percieved added value to the custmer will go a long way, & commercial accounts are always monthly or per cut.
  6. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

contracted for 27 cuts a season for a fixed price
  7. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, it's not your fault the weather does not cooperate. If the weather interfers with you cutting them. Just get to them as soon as possible than get them back on the regular schedule next time around.
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Never ever charge per cut. We are in FL, charge a monthly fee. There is a reason most people on here charges per cut and not a flat fee, no one will want to pay the lawn guy when they get 4 feet of snow. I would guess you mow every week in summer and every other in winter? Base it on that and charge a flat rate. There will always be some skips, right now we are in our slowest month of the year. I probably skipped 40 lawns in the last week. Its just the way it is. Once you know your customers you will get to know the ones that wont care if you skip when its not needed and the idiots that are happy if you ride the mower around (skip edging and weedeating) and blow off the driveway.
  9. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

52 weeks of a perfectly manicured soft scape.
  10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

if i where in florida, man id be all over that deal, but here its a hard sell, although i have gotten some to go the rout of a 30cut contract fot the year, here it is really a hard sell....Florida Rocks..... year round green :)