1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BobcatBoy06, Mar 21, 2008.

1. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

I'm looking to update our contract for lawn maintenance. I was just wondering if some of that have recently updated yours could post yours or PM it to me so that I could take a look at it.

Thanks for you time
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

This is a common question, "... can somebody send me a copy of their contract." I ask why would anybody ask the question?

Nobody seems to ask to have somebody else send them a trimmer, blower, or some other asset of their company? Why not?

A contract is a document that is a intellectual asset to a company. In some cases, an owner has paid an attorney to draft one that is pertains to their business, their area of working, applicable to the laws governing their location, and so forth. It is a paid-for asset. Why would one company ask for an asset that another party paid money to have prepared. Even if no money was paid, it is still an asset with a value. But, the question continues to be asked, "... could somebody give me a copy of their contract." I don't get it.

If you feel your document has no value and you want to give it away, then perhaps it is worth exactly that much.

If anybody is willing to send to me some other assets of their company, such as trimmers, blowers, even some mowers, please let me know. I am not asking, just expressing my willingness to accept offers of passing your assets to me.
  3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

People can give you tips, pointers, and such, but as said here, I paid a lawyer good money to make mine work for me.
  4. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

What does a lawyer charge to do something like this?
  5. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

A lot of money! Usually their hourly rate plus some. Ask him for a contract of his payment terms before you hire him and just fool with that one to make it work for you! :usflag:
  6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine charges $150.00 an hour. She spent 5 hours making several variations of contracts plus lien paperwork in case I ever needed it.

so now I have a contract for:
    Year round maintenance with a cancellation clause
    per cut agreement with a 30 day cancel clause
    one time service agreement
    Work order
  7. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

jon i sent you a pm our attorney just did a nice one for us, give me a call or shoot me a pm