contracts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scagman, Dec 30, 2001.

1. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

After a season without contracts Im writing them up this winter will It be hard to get my current customers to sign

2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Is it worth it? I feel some your cust my feel a little strange and question the change.If it is commercial accounts thats the way to go.

3. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

it will be hard to get residentuals to go this route. it is possible though especially if they are high dollar accounts. we have a few on 12 months but most are pay as you go . as far as commerical is concerned see the above post. they are a must...

4. ladibugg

ladibugg LawnSite Member

I am surprised anyone would hesitate to sign a contract with a contractor. Every job we do is contacted (landscape contractor) , even trimming shrubs, how else will you and your customer protect your intrests? What do you do about non-payment without a contract? :confused:

5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

I have found many of my customers prefer contracts.we are set up for monthly payments,this helps to keep their monthly costs down and keeps our income consistent.I always point out that either party may cancel the contract at any time after giving 30 days notice.If I can't correct a problem in that time,something is wrong.