1. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Need help writing contracts for plowing /salting. Any help (suggestions,samples) would be greatly appreciated.
  2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Things I always would have in a contract.<p>Amount of snow required to plow<br>Amount of snow/ice required to sand.<br>How much it will cost to plow<br>How much it will cost to sand<br>How much it will cost to plow and sand<br>Cost if a loader is needed to move snow on the property.<br>What you are responsible for, damage to building and cars<br>Not responsible for damage to surface being plowed, or lawns and gardens boarding the area being plowed.<p>These are just some things i wouldn't want to be with out.<p>Geoff<br>
  3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner LawnSite Member

In addition to what's already been stated, depending on the area being serviced, I require a nonrefundable deposit for service. The deposit is settled at the end of the contract allowing immediate payment for the first snow or chemical spread. usually this is absorbed in the first chemical spread as being &quot;free&quot; spreading the first time out with a charge for the material used. This also depends on the amount you require for a deposit. Generally, I require an amount equal to the lowestsnow depth that they expect you out on. (2&quot;, or 3&quot;, or whatever)