Contracts....

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by HappyGrasslawncare, May 7, 2010.

1. HappyGrasslawncare

HappyGrasslawncare LawnSite Member

Monthly mowing contracts how does everybody feel about them? is it a must? this is my second season and i didnt feel the need for contracts the first season but am having some second thoughts for the second...how does everybody feel?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Contracts...I call them service agreements until they are signed...are essential.

Same here, I though I didn't need them at first, boy was I wrong. They also make you look good and can save your arse especially if your doing commercial.

Monthly??? Contracts are usually seasonal or for 1 year.

3. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Contracts are a must. Our terms are for the whole season.

4. Somthinrandm

Somthinrandm LawnSite Member

what is in a contract i mean i cut your lawn 1ce a week and u pay me once a week how is contracts better? maybe im missing something lol. peoples fliers say hire me hire me no contracts. (makes it sound like contracts are bad) so when i started i never even considered bringing a contract to my client. he just knows ill be there every friday from march till sept. and he sends me a check every month.

5. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

What do you do when a few of your customers decide not to pay for the month? I think a Service Agreement is essential stating that the Homeowner agrees to the cost you have given to mow weekly and they will pay a monthly invoice.

I guess its not a huge problem if you have few accounts and personal relationships. We have over 130 residential and commercial mowing accounts so it gets a little more complicated. You don't always know everyone personally.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  6. Somthinrandm

The client pays me in advanced and expects me to be there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. By Us Company

I don't think a month advanced payment is very common for any sized lawn care company unless its a full season contract with monthly payments. I understand invoicing your Client monthly for the services you performed the previous month. The service agreement or contract usually solves any problems with discrepancies in price and payment.

8. Somthinrandm

The client pays me in advanced and expects me to be there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. By Us Company

OK, I read that the first time.

10. Somthinrandm

Haha I know sry my blackberry sent it twice after it lost connection. I guess I've been pretty lucky to not have any problems.
    Posted via Mobile Device