contracts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by C4chris70, Dec 22, 2002.

1. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me take a second to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year! I am trying to write a contract to begin using this season, but I'm having trouble making one that is short and to the point. I did a search but was unable to open some of the links. I was wondering if anyone could send me a copy of their contract to look over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! My email address is c4chris70@msn.com

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

chris I'm in the same boat as you. I did a search last night for bid proposals and stumble on some links but wouldn't open up. If anyone could help on a bid proposal form, that would be great.

3. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

My bid forms are very customized and personal to my business. So I would have a hard time giving them up for anyone.
    But if you are looking for a basic proposal go to Office Max they have a plain one you can buy. It will give you some thing to start from. Then just customize it to match your business and services.

4. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

You are welcome to check out my web site (greenlawn.net) and copy/download as much or as little of my service agreement as you like. It will give you a starting point to develop your own. It is strictly for maintenance services-no installations. Sometime during late Jan. I will be updating it and it will have major revisions. The actual agreement has gone to two pages covering items such as collection fees, delayed enforcement, trampolines, etc. When you read the updated one you will find it is very detailed. I use it as a "filter" to eliminate potential problems before they become my customers. I don't mind working hard for my money the first time, but I hate working hard the second time for what is due me.

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to look at www.nebs.com, they offer a lot of different choices and are written for landscaping. I use several of their forms and they work well. I would also check with your local printer, they some times have some tempplates that they can easily modify for your use. Good luck

Phil

6. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I tought this site had some contracts proposal for sale don't they?

I know the proposal templates are good.

7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

All a contract basically does is:

1. States what you will do and when, and for how much.
    2. States how much and when the will pay you.

This can be a simple thing to make up on your own.
    I get a kick when people hire lawyers for this.

8. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

The complexity and need for careful wording goes up with the $$ and time stakes involved. For a $700 clean-up, simple is great. For a $4 million, multi-year contract, more contingencies need to be spelled out. Part of a contract is risk management. Having a contract that is enforceable is another reason attorneys get involved.

9. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Lanelle, I agree. I haven't been fortunate enough to land that $4 million dollar account - Yet :)

I would most likely want to make sure my t's were crossed and my i's dotted on that one.

Have a Great Holiday!

Go Sooners!