Contracts???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jh88, Jul 30, 2003.

1. jh88

jh88 LawnSite Member

I have heard people talking about contracts and i'm not new but haven't been in buisseness very long. I have my customers pay bi-weekly. I only have a few so it is pretty simple. I'm not sure if i want to change to contracts but if i do where do i start. Maybe i could see some samples or ideas to get me started.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Would this help? I found it online.

Attached Files:

3. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I am a kinda-newbie also.

I get paid upon completion. If they are not home I get a check under the back-door-mat. I don't see the need for me to use contracts until I have enough to hire employees. I still manage to get most of my customers on a regular schedule. The point is, for what I'm doing, I can't see what a contract would even do for me.

4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

A contract isn't necessary, but it's good to have some kind of document that describes exactly what services are to be performed and how much is being charged for them. I have my customers sign an agreement stating the services and the prices charged. I give them a copy and place one copy in a customer file. This way if the customer asks why something is or isn't being done you can refer them to the signed agreement.

5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Some will never understand the value in having contracts. That's OK.

The benefits of having contracts are above and beyond.

Search "contracts" much has already been talked about.

6. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

i dont care if you pick up dog shiittt for a living if your are going to make money at it get it in writing. to many people want to sue other people now a days. just makes good sence to have a contract