Controling costumers!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJD315, Feb 16, 2001.

1. JJD315

JJD315 LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever had a cuttomer that wants to know your every move and approve that move? We have a complex that will not release us to do our job. We have to get approval to trim a bush, apply feterlizer, do weekly mowing or just about do anything.
  2. cst51

cst51 LawnSite Member

Get rid of it. If you have other accounts, that means you have to schedule all of your other accounts around this one, AND they want to control when you do it? I would raise the price that would make it worth it (if there is a price) and if they want to keep you great, if not, you don't have to worry about the headach

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They are making you into an employee, so ask for benefits and 2 weeks vacation with a raise. :D
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Yes one of my oldest customers tried it
    a coupler yrs ago.Icould sense critcism
    coming from somewhere.Turned out a competitor
    was finding stuff right after I left.
    The next wk she critisized again.I said,
    Mrs Smith Iwant to let you know Ive been
    doing this work for 25yrs and Ireally do
    know what Im doing.Her mouth fell open
    and Ive never heard another word.
    Mabe something like that would work for you.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I had a customer last year for fertilizations only. She said just give her 2 days notice, so she could put the dog in the house. That didn't last long. Every time that I wanted to come out she said the dog was in the yard and that I couldn't apply. She wanted to write my schedule. It went on for about 3 months and I just dropped her.
  6. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

We had a chain of commercial properties last season, waned us to get signed "recieving slips" after each service performed. I liked doing the properities in early morning, they didn't open till 11 am. Had to go back with slips, pain in the butt. Will bid them again, but will not get them, they have to go with low bidder. I got them last year because they kick out contractor, & I was the only one that would take them, I was second higest bidder. They also had tons of trash on property, we did make very good money off them though.