1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

controller question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Rinker97, May 23, 2005.

1. Rinker97

Rinker97 LawnSite Member

I thought I posted this but never saw it show up in the forum. Sorry if it ends up being a double post.

I'm looking to change out my controller. I've narrowed it down to the Hunter Pro-C or the Rainbird ESP-Mi. Is there something that should push me to select one over the other? I know the Hunter can do up to 15 zones and the Rainbird can do up to 13. I currently have 10 so either will work for me.

2. Rinker97

Rinker97 LawnSite Member

I knew I posted that one. Now I'm wondering which the pros prefer between the Hunter and the Rainbird.

3. sprinkler guy

sprinkler guy LawnSite Member

That's like asking "Ford or Chevy?". The Rain Bird clock is nice, but I'm a Hunter fan. It's been around longer, has almost a zero return rate, has a larger display, and has less postions on the dial to confuse the homeowner. But, then again, I'm also a Mopar fan. You won't go wrong with either model. Go down to your local supplier and test drive both of them, then take home the one you like. Or call a contractor to have him do it for you.