Controller w/delay or ISC?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm consulting on a site that has a envyable situation: a artestian well that they tried to abandon..water came up the sides of the casing..they built a sump around it & channeled it into storage & pumped for irrigation. Great idea
    except the inflow was less than the outflow, even with the 1000 gal storage. When I came on board, I pulled the clock & installed a Hardie "Touch Command" pulled from another job, that gave me a time in between zones
    for re-charge..works great, except the Hardie clock has not enough zones for
    the planned new system. I know Rain-Bird makes a clock with programmable
    delay, but I'm not a fan. Any of you know of one you like w/delay and/or
    independent station control? Rain-Master is not in the budget. Drat!:help:

2. Hunter pro-c has delay between stations up to 4 hrs delay and can handle 15 zones.

3. Mike Leary

Thanks, London, I'll look into it.:)

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If 4 hours is not enough the ICC allows for a 10 hour delay.

5. Mike Leary

Thanks Kiril,both those clocks look good, I miss the "Touch Command".:)

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm... But with such long delays between station starts it might take a week to get through the entire watering program ONCE. :laugh:

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Funny thing you say that. There was guy on another forum who was using a well with an extremely slow recharge and tank. I think he said it was taking about 12-14 hours to recharge the tank, at which point he could then run one zone for the required time.

8. Mike Leary

This one's not that drastic..4-6 gpm...I am running the zone for a hour &
    re-charging two hours. We are looking at more storage & pumping from tank
    to tank...any you guys do anything like this? I'm going to hook our flow sensor to the overflow & get accurate readings, when I design the new system, I'll be able to pinpoint re-charge times.