1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Controlling Hyd. Flow for Logsplitter

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by vntgrcr, Mar 1, 2007.

1. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys know how to control the aux. hydraulic flow from a Bobcat T190. I just bought a logsplitter I am going to run off of it and need to not exceed 11GPM per the instructions for the splitter. It is supposed to be run off of a tractor and they say that if you just idle the tractor down that will adjust the flow. The 190 is rated at 16GPM so I am hoping I can do the same as the tractor. Also they are specific about input and output to the valve. I am not sure which is which on the Bobcat. Thanks for any help.
  2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

I bought a valve to use with the laser on my skid.Skid is Deere,plus i have high flow.Even on low flow,it is rated 20plus which is what i would be using,mechanic said Deere is open center,so vavle on attachment needs to be open center.

As far as Bobcat don't know what it is.Anyway i got a hydraulic hand tamper and i'm getting a flow divider for mine to run it.You can adjust the flow on the didvider.It has a handle on the valve to open it up to let more or less flow through it.What you don't use it bypasses back to the tank through the return line.

I was going to put mine in the attachments hoses and plug it in to the machine outlets.I wouldn't think that only 5 gmp would make that much more difference,especially on the wood splitter,it should just make it move faster.The pressure is a different story tho!Good luck