Conversation with Griswold Controls

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Just so we all have the correct information, the second spring is only on models 2000 and 2030 .... none of the other valves in their lineup have that second spring ... including the 2265 surge anticipation valve which you specifically noted. So how exactly is that spring a key part?

2000 series -> http://www.griswoldcontrols.com/pdfs/F-800_5_2010.pdf

DWS series -> http://www.griswoldcontrols.com/pdfs/F-2402.pdf

2. Its not. Boots already covered that. I was just curious about it. Never seen a double spring valve.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Come on Pete.

Which is it?

------------------------------

Isn't that what I said in my list of some design points to consider?

Problem is, you still don't seem to understand that using an appropriate valve to prevent/reduce water hammer potential in systems where that potential is high is a key initial design point ... not an .... oops I f'd up my original design .... better throw in a griswold MV.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The spring for the metering pin is easy to miss, just from looking at the diagrams. Some of what goes on when a valve closes would involve more than a calculation for hammer force. Like the W*M shock cone, or the softer seat material on the Richdel valves, and those that followed it.

5. You are reading one sentence at a time to take things out of context I'm guessing.
    Try adding the sentence before it.

When I explained how I was following those parameter on water hammers you got all dissed up about it. Explain in any valve installation description I give how I'm violating those parameters. I'll repeat them. Also tell me a valve you are using that closes at a different speed than they do in Texas. The Griswold Man himself said there is no other valve like theirs.

Find a center point in the zone. Tee off the mainline. Angle down about 45 degrees or so. Put in an ell, short pipe, valve, another short pipe, ell, then up to the lateral above the main and tee from there.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

No, I don't believe I am Pete .... unless by "them" you mean everyone but griswold, otherwise the contradiction is there in plain English, especially considering the following "he also said". You didn't previously state what he said, so one can only assume the previous sentence is what he said.

Perhaps if you learned how to communicate properly instead of jumbling your thoughts into one huge paragraph there might not be any confusion. Just a suggestion.

Yea ... OK Pete ... whatever you say. :rolleyes:

7. Also tell me a valve you are using that closes at a different speed than they do in Texas.

8. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

Another topic that is probably over the head of 99.5 % of the guys on here......including myself....shhh. :clapping:

Its always amusing to read through these discussions, you guys should teach some classes or something!

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Valves are a snooze - me for BBQ and Pizza Class.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Peter and Kiril already have tenure in the "beat a dead horse" school.