Conversation with Griswold Controls

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Oct 20, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

we should do this more often

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Next up, using our storage oscilloscopes to investigate Stagnant Pressure.......

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

.:clapping::laugh:

4. That is the one I have but a liquid gauge would minimize the jump I'm guessing. An air gauge does not impede the hammer reading in any way. I had a plumber friend tell me they have digital gauges that measure the high at closing but i've never seen it work.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Moving parts can be compensated for, however even with data adjustments, still not the best tool. If you are going to measure the pressure properly for something like this you are going to need a data logger which will require something other than a dial gauge.

6. A liquid filled gauge measuring a hammer...........I don't know. I agree the air gauge can overstate by momentum pushing the red arm over further but some tension is meant to be there as well to minimize that. Keep the pipes full or as much as possible near the valve and the design at 5fps and its no issue.

It occurred to me that since I try to get whatever air settles into the laterals to be at the end heads which are usually 1/2" pipe in my systems that it doesn't take as much water to flush the air and refill the lines either.

images.jpg

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

then can we look at sine waves and the parallel of water and electricity, and such :confused:

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Thinking this might be more appropriate?

[​IMG]

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Say, do you guys realize it's the five year anniversary of the stagnant pressure thread? :p

10. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

How 'bout "Polymer Charge and Molecular Weight Effects on Treated Irrigation Furrow Processes"? :laugh: