1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Conversion of a front mount to a mid mount mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Haggerty, Apr 11, 2002.

1. This wasn't intentional. A little problem I encountered this morning.

I'd taken the core aerator off, and was easing the tractor up to the deck to hook it up. I was standing beside the tractor pushing the hydrostatic pedal with my hand.
    It was just running at an idle. I had a block of wood holding the spring loaded push arms down. The block of wood somehow pushed against the hydrostatic pedal linkage. Before I could shut the engine off, the tractor had climbed right on top of the deck!
    Yup it's wedged between the two front castors. I jacked it up and let the air out of the drive tires to free it.
    No damage done, but it took two hours to do a five minute job!
    When I figured out I wasn't hurt, I had to laugh at what I'd done.

toro midmount.jpg
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Lmao:D Dont worry, we all have those type of days. Cant say ive ever seen that done before though. thanks for showing us what can happen.
  3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Lmao, that is great....I bet you were kicking yourself in the butt after you did that. :D

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Hey David,

Is that Groundsmaster a diesel or gas job?

Looks a lot like one of my 325 D's, though the decks on mine are out front...at least the last time I looked they were. LOL, better days are comin'
  5. When I finally got it "unstacked" we ran it the rest of the day.

It's got the little Mitsubishi diesel.
    I'm not much of a mechanic, so last winter when I adjusted the valves myself I was really proud.:D