1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Convert walkbehind to a wheelbarrel?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K.Carothers, Mar 26, 2006.

1. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone attached a wheel barrel to a walkbehind to make it easier to move mulch, topsoil etc...?

Any Pics?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Only thing I found that helps is don't load the barrow to the limit. I load mulch flush with the top of the sides (no hump).
    Little bit lighter and also a lot less spillage. On average, a cubic yard of mulch takes 7 loads (it's a 6 cu.foot barrow).
    With dirt, I only fill it about half-way: I'd rather make more trips than kill myself.

Fill that tire until nothing makes it bulge.
    Watch for over-inflation (don't let it blow up on you) but certainly fill it to the max.psi as stated by the numbers on the side of the tire.
  3. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have. Might be using it on tomorrow's job. I'll take some pics.
  4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Please do. I think it's a great idea!

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at the JRCO transporter
  6. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

I've got a lawyer working on my patent on my it's really cool. Too bad it only works with scag mowers.
  7. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I would really like to see some pictures...
  8. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I think you can find this concept with the DR Power wagon. Very expensive though.
  9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I was going to buy the JRCO transporter but then I thought it was nothing more than a wheel barrel attatched to a bar. I am definetly looking into making my own. Go to a metal shop look for 1 inch steel tubing, weld a frame, bolt some tubing onto the wheel barrel with some hinges and your all set, then weld the frame to the caster wheel brackets.
  10. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to use a rubber mat on the spindle cover then run a bungy cord between the front caster posts . I could simply set a recycling bin on the mat and the cord would keep it from falling off. I had 2 bins so my son could load one up while I rode the other to the beds. Worked great until I got an atv with a cart and that was easier and more fun.